The department of English is one of leading departments in our college, which has been established in 1996 with a full-fledged six unit English special course at undergraduate level. It was actually a challenging task to run six unit department in such a mofussil area like Lanja but it is a privilege that the department received substantial feeding from students.
Goals and Objectives
- To familiarize the students with methods of effective communication and its applicability
- To remove the sense of inferiority complex of English from the mind of students
- To enhance the skill of presentation among the students
- To encourage the students for creative writing
- To sharpen literary aptitude of the students with classical masterpieces
- To inculcate the core values, universal truths and moral and social ethos among the students for a responsible citizen.
Inputs from Department
01. Mr.Rajiv Bhimrao Kamble – MA (Net) (Head, Department of English)
02. Dr. Rajesh Shivaji Mali – MA (English) PhD
Activities @ Department
Department conducts various curricular activities to improve its academic performance by means of the following:
A. Curricular Activities
Class Tests, Unit Tests, Student’s Presentations, Seminar Presentations, Self-notes Development Activity, PPT Presentations, and Drama Presentations etc.
B. Co-curricular Activities
Play Shows, Film or Video Clip Presentations, Group Discussions, Case Studies, Audio clip presentations, Question Bank Solving Exercise, Wallpaper Presentation and publication, etc.
C. Extra-curricular Activities
Poetry Reading Competition, Essay Writing Competition, Interclass Research Competition, Translation Competition, Drama Reading Activity, Creative Writing Activity, Department Excursion, Spoken English Course, Role Play Activity, Participation in Various other activities.
Achievements of Department
Academic Performance of the students has always been remained as incremental. Many students are jobholders. Department Faculty has been participating in International, National Conferences and Seminars and publishing papers in Journals. Dr. RS Mali is being felicitated by Lanja Taluka Patrakar Sangh in the form of award ‘Late.Rakhangi Aadarsh Shikshak Purskar’ and currently working as the BoS Member of University of Mumbai.
F.Y.B.A English Introduction to Literature
S.Y.B.A English Ancillary Applied Component