Goals and Objectives
- To enhance quality education by providing quality instructions.
- To conduct various activities to maintain academic excellence and update knowledge.
- To support the college activities for providing service to community.
- Maintain a collegial work environment.
- To uphold and maintain academic performance of faculty.
About the Department
|01||Name of the Department||Economics|
|02||Year of Establishment||1996 – 97|
|03||Courses offered||Undergraduate course B. A. ( Three Units ) Economics and Political Science|
|04||No. of Teachers Sanctioned and present position|
|05||Compulsory Subject Thought||Business Economics for B.Com. Course (Sem. 1 to Sem. 6 )Total no. of Paper 3|
|06||Contribution of department to Other Papers||Foundation Course for F.Y. and S.Y. B.Com; S.Y.B.A. for Avertising EMSSI for T.Y. B.Com.|
|07||Self Funded Division Commerce||Business Economics for B.Com. Course (Sem. 1 to Sem. 6 )Total no. of Paper 3; Foundation Course for F.Y. and S.Y. B.Com; and Travel and Tourism S.Y.B.Com|
Name of the Faculty
|Sr.No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Qulification||Experience||Experience|
|01||Dr. K. R. Chavan||Vice Principal, Head of the Department||M.A. M. Phil. Ph. D.||22||10|
|02||Mr. S. D. Salve||Assistant Professer||M. A. Bed NET||20||08|
|03||Mr. R. B. Patil||Assistant Professer||M. A. Ph. D. pursuing||05||–|
- Guest lecture
- Unit test
- Open book test
- Student seminar and presentation.
- Improving Student research knowledge through research competition
- PPT presentation
- Group Discussion
- Elocution and Essay competition
- Remedial class
- Student monitoring
- Career guidance and counseling
- Poster competition
- Short term course
- Field visit
- Student parent meeting
- Alumni meeting
- Library : central library – 1601 books,
- Department library – 70 booksNews papers – Economics Times, Times of India.
- Magazines access facility given.
- No. of Magazines related to subject – 05
- Field visits and study tours to enrich the academic knowledge.
- Bridging the gap by inviting guest lectures and taking support from concerned department
- Lectures organized for improving writing skills in the examinations.
- Promoting students to use reference books.
- Tests and practice exams are conducted
Forum of Economics
Guidance Session on ‘ Aarogya Hich Sanpada Tanavmukt Jeevan – Hi Aajachi Garaj’ was organized for college students. Dr. Suvinay Damle Kudal, addressed students on 30th August 2018. 205 students attended this session. He guided the students on heath related issues and simple tricks for heath and stress management.
Expert Guidance on Preparation for Exams and Time Management was organized for T.Y.B.A. students. Dr. Balaji Survase, BoS member, and HOD of economics ACS College Fonda. Guided students on the topic. on 9th October, 2018.
Organized IPPB Account opening and awareness camp for college students jointly with Department of Post, Sub office, Lanja on 29th January, 2019. 210 students were guided to use the post office app and how to open SB account for the use of post office banking services.
- Celebration of Lokshahi Pandharavada from 26th January to 10th February, 2019. Following activities were conducted during this period
- Youth parliament – 1st February, 2019
- Clean Campus Drive – 4th February, 2019
- Speech on the them “Little Good” – 5th February, 2019
- Debate and Essay Competition – 6th February, 2019
- Yuva Sanvaad – 7th February, 2019
- Voting awareness campaign, etc.